This week on Preaching and Preachers, Dr. Don Whitney joins me in a discussion on Family Worship. Dr. Whitney is the Professor of Biblical Spirituality at Southern Seminary and the founder and president of The Center for Biblical Spirituality.Guest(s): Don Whitney
Some of the topics discussed on today’s episode are:
- What originally attracted Dr. Whitney to the topic of family worship.
- Family worship as depicted throughout Scripture.
- What does family worship have to do with preaching and preachers?
- Why those in ministry should be leading their family in family worship.
- The need for flexibility in family worship.
- The disappearance of family worship, and the need for its reestablishment.
- The three elements of family worship: Read, Pray, and Sing.
- Additional elements that can be added to family worship.
- Is there a pertinent time to implement family worship?
- The importance of not overcomplicating family worship.
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed