On this episode of Preaching and Preachers, Al Mohler joins me in a discussion on convictional preaching. Dr. Mohler is the president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Guest(s): Albert Mohler
Some of the topics covered in today’s podcast are:
- Is the phrase “convictional preaching” redundant?
- What is convictional preaching?
- What breeds confidence?
- The connection between conviction and confidence
- The authority of a sermon
- Is it appropriate to speak authoritatively?
- What should a preacher’s tone be?
- Should convictional preaching affect the architecture of the church?
- The marks of convictional preaching
- How should a pastor cultivate conviction?