This week on Preaching and Preachers, Dr. Owen Strachan joins me in a discussion on the life and ministry of Jonathan Edwards. Dr. Strachan is the Director of the Center for Public Theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he also serves as Associate Professor of Christian Theology.Guest(s): Owen Strachan
- The broad contours of Jonathan Edward’s ministry.
- Edwards’ resolutions.
- The lasting impact of “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”
- Jonathan Edwards’s relationship with George Whitefield.
- Jonathan Edwards’s homiletics.
- The need for pastors who are thinkers
- The need for pastors to pursue revival
- The pastor as a missionary
- The need for pastor’s to carefully shepherd their congregations
- The need for pastors to correct improper doctrine
- The need to live life on mission
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed