This week on Preaching and Preachers, Thom Rainer and Jonathan Howe join me for a discussion on the preacher and podcasts. Thom is the president and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources. Prior to LifeWay, he served at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary for twelve years where he was the founding dean of the Billy Graham School of Missions and Evangelism.
Jonathan serves as Director of Strategic Initiatives at LifeWay Christian Resources. He is also the host and producer of Rainer on Leadership and SBC This Week, and the managing editor of LifeWayPastors.com.
Guest(s): Thom Rainer and Jonathan Howe
Some of the topics discussed in today’s episode are:
- A brief discussion on Thom’s and Jonathan’s ministry at Lifeway
- A brief history of Thom’s blog and podcast ministry
- The reason for the recent rise of the podcast
- The marks of a good podcast
- The marks of a weak podcast
- How pastors can best use podcasts to strengthen their ministries
- A discussion on whether or not pastors should start their own podcasts
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed