On this episode of Preaching and Preachers, Dan Dumas joins me in a discussion on hiring staff well.Guest(s): Dan Dumas
On this episode of Preaching and Preachers, Dan Dumas joins me in a discussion on hiring staff well.
Some topics covered in today’s podcast are:
- The New Testament description of healthy leaders.
- Why pastors should hire well.
- What does a good hire look like?
- Hire for pain, not for pleasure.
- The benefits of hiring competent employees
- Checking social media before hires
- The balance between friendship and co-workers
Ten Tips for Hiring Staff
- Fire slow, hire fast.
- Hire the person and potential, not the position and the pedigree.
- Hire people better than you.
- Check references, and references of references.
- Promote culture = hire within | Change culture = hire outside
- Strength finders
- Clear and high expectations
- Ask lots of questions
- Pay more and operate lean