This week on Preaching and Preachers, Dr. Don Whitney joins me in a discussion on Family Worship.Guest(s): Don Whitney
Dr. Whitney is the Professor of Biblical Spirituality at Southern Seminary, and the founder and president of The Center for Biblical Spirituality.
Some of the topics discussed on today’s episode are:
- What originally attracted Dr. Whitney to the topic of family worship.
- Family worship as depicted throughout Scripture.
- What does family worship have to do with preaching and preachers?
- Why those in ministry should be leading their family in family worship.
- The need for flexibility in family worship.
- The disappearance of family worship, and the need for its reestablishment.
- The three elements of family worship: Read, Pray, and Sing.
- Additional elements that can be added to family worship.
- Is there a pertinent time to implement family worship?
- The importance of not overcomplicating family worship.
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed