This week on Preaching and Preachers, Burk Parsons joins me in a discussion on the preacher and personal sanctification. Burk is editor of Tabletalk magazine and serves as co-pastor of Saint Andrew’s Chapel in Sanford, Fla.Guest(s): Burk Parsons
Some of the topics discussed on today’s episode are:
- Burk’s ministry with Tabletalk and Saint Andrew’s Chapel
- How Burk became co-pastor with R. C. Sproul at Saint Andrew’s Chapel
- Why the Preacher should care about his personal sanctification
- The dreadful reality of a pastor not concerned with their personal sanctification
- The lack of emphasis in the church on the pastor’s personal sanctification
- The need for a balanced view of holiness and sanctification
- The role of the spiritual disciplines in the life of a pastor’s personal sanctification
- Ways a pastor can evaluate or assess his personal devotions
- The effect of a pastor’s personal sanctification on his congregation
- Ways a pastor can rightly communicate to the congregation his own personal sanctification for the benefit of the congregation
- The unrivaled significance of the pastor depending on Christ
3 ways a pastor can pursue their personal sanctification:
- Find accountability with a close fellow pastor.
- Find identity in Christ, not in calling.
- Be intentional with both spiritual and physical needs.
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed