This week I welcome Greg Gilbert to the podcast. Greg is senior pastor at Third Avenue Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky. He is the author of several books including What Is the Gospel?, Who Is Jesus?, and recently released Assured: Discover Grace, Let Go of Guilt, and Rest in Your Salvation.Guest(s): Greg Gilbert
Some of the topics of this week’s episode include:
- What is at the heart of a Christian’s lack of assurance?
- Why is assurance something that a lot of Christians struggle with?
- What are some of the driving sources of assurance for Christians?
- How does the Holy Spirit play a role in the Christian’s assurance?
- How can pastors help their people with a lack of assurance?
- When a Christian who lacks assurance comes to a pastor seeking counsel, what are some things that the pastor shouldn’t say?