This week I welcome Matt Smethurst to the podcast. Matt is the managing editor of The Gospel Coalition and an elder at Third Avenue Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky. He is also the author of a recently released book titled: Before You Open Your Bible: Nine Heart Postures for Approaching God’s Word.Guest(s): Matt Smethurst
Some of the topics of this week’s episode include:
- A brief discussion on Matt’s current ministry for the Gospel Coalition
- The order of the nine biblical approaches to the Word of God listed in Matt’s book.
- What happens when we don’t approach the Bible rightly.
- Why it is even more important for pastors to approach their Bibles rightly.
- Should pastors separate their daily Bible study from sermon prep?
- Concluding advice for preachers rightly approaching the Bible.
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed