This week I welcome Dr. Matthew Barrett to the podcast. Dr. Barrett is Associate Professor of Christian Theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is also the founder and executive editor of Credo Magazine.Guest(s): Matthew Barrett
Some of the topics of this week’s episode include:
- Overview of the doctrine of justification. What is it? What is it not?
- What is the golden chain of redemption that theologians will sometime refer to? And where does justification come on that chain?
- In your mind, why is justification the doctrine on which the church stands or falls?
- How does the doctrine of justification directly impact pastoral ministry?
- How can having a robust understanding of the doctrine justification help pastors when it comes to how they think about conversion?
- Concluding advice on the pastor and justification.
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed