This week, I welcome Dr. Tom Elliff to the podcast. Dr. Elliff is the founder of Living in the Word Publications, former pastor for forty-two years, former IMB president, and former IMB missionary to Zimbabwe.Guest(s): Tom Elliff
Some of the topics discussed on today’s episode are:
- How the Bible views the power of words and communicating from the heart.
- The pastor realizing the weight of words.
- The importance of relaying everything back to Scripture and conforming our words to the Word of God.
- How a pastor places priority on expository preaching when he realizes the weight of his words.
- Viewing the act of preaching differently when the message is seen as paramount.
- How preaching carries a special burden when the power of words is realized.
- How compliments and criticisms are correctly absorbed by the pastor saturating himself in the Word of God.
- The importance of having honest people around the pastor.
Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher Subscribe on RSS Feed