This week on Preaching and Preachers I am joined by Dr. Ben Awbrey. Dr. Awbrey is professor of preaching at Midwestern Seminary. He has been teaching expository preaching since 1996 and has written two books on preaching: How Effective Sermons Begin and How Effective Sermons Advance.Guest(s): Dr. Ben Awbrey
Some of the things discussed in this week’s episode include:
- Why are sermon conclusions crucial to the sermon?
- Tending the sheep in our conclusions.
- What a good conclusion consists of.
- The importance of showing God’s particular purpose for a passage.
- How long a good sermon conclusion should last.
- Main mistakes seen in sermon conclusions.